Three APE hammers have been putting in hours for the I-595 Widening, in Broward County, Florida (Ft. Lauderdale area). The APE 150, 200 and J&M 28-35 Vibratory Driver Extractors have made quick work of 3 miles of sheet pile seawall, a half mile of sheet pile for MSE wall, 18″ and 24″ square pre-stressed concrete piles for bridge construction, 5 and 12 each sealed cofferdams for micro-tunneling launching and receiving shafts. The General Contractor on the Job is Dragados USA, the information about the job along with photos has been provided to APE by Scott Alfele, President of Ebsary Foundation Company.
The following contractors have been involved in project:
- Dragados USA – 3 miles of sheet pile for seawall and ½ mile of sheet pile for MSE wall support
- Dragados Baker JV – 18” sq. pre-stressed concrete piles for bridges
- GLF Construction Corp. – 18” and 24” sq. pre-stressed concrete piles for bridges
- Bradshaw Construction Corp. – 12 ea. sealed cofferdams for microtunneling launching and receiving shafts
- GlobTec Construction Co. – 5 ea. sealed cofferdams for microtunneling launching and receiving shafts