APE was given the opportunity to present at DFI’s 2012 Superpile on the benefits, challenges and complexities of driving large diameter piles. The presentation was given by David White, the Managing Director of APE China. Along with Steve Gough, the APE China team and APE Corporate team, we all made the foundation work of Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge a reality. They worked tirelessly to design, negotiate and deliver the “OctaKong”, the largest Vibratory Driver Extractor to ever be seen on planet earth.
David White wrote an article back in December detailing the role that APE and our team played in constructing the foundation for the reclaimed islands of the bridge, this was after the final pile had been driven. During the process we have written several more articles with details on the construction of the bridge and APE’s continued involvement. We look forward to what future projects will bring with the benefits seen through the use of large diameter piles.
Below are the links to all of the articles we have written over the past year on the OctaKong and the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge:
- Final 72′ Pile Driven to Grade, OctaKong Project Finished
- APE Drives the World’s Largest Pile!
- APE China Successfully Drove the World’s Largest Sheet Pile
- Octakong and the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge
- APE China Successfully Tests Tandem 200-6
- When the Competition Says “They Can Do It”… Talk to Someone Who Has “DONE IT” Call APE!